It’s not even officially summer and we’re already hitting 100 degree temperatures. It’s around this time the kids run in the sprinklers, we stock up on popsicles, and we start running our car’s air conditioning systems non-stop…and it’s also the same time we wonder: is my A/C system even working at its full potential? Will it keep me cool throughout the summer?
If it isn’t running as cold as you wish it was, your first thought may be to call us and say, “My A/C isn’t running so cold, it needs more Freon.”
“Not so fast!” we’d reply. There are several parts that work together to keep your A/C system running. There are hoses, fans, the compressor, and the condenser that are all parts of the system as well. In fact, we often find that a leaky hose or a malfunctioning fan is the culprit.
At Paul’s we offer an A/C Performance and Systems Service where we do several activities to check your vehicle’s A/C system and get it running in tip top shape. This service includes:
- Removing any existing Freon, cleaning it, placing it back in your car, and topping it off;
- Checking the hoses and other components for leaks. If we do suspect a leak, we add a dye that helps us pinpoint exactly where it is coming from. The dye also allows us to identify if there are multiple leaks;
- Checking fan operation. We check both the blower fan and the cooling fan to make sure they are operating properly;
- Checking cabin air filter condition;
- Measuring overall system pressures and temperatures; and
- Replacing any lubricants that may have been lost due to servicing your A/C system.
We want you, your children, friends, and your pets to have a cool, comfortable ride to and from all your fun summer events! Happy summer!