Owning A Car In Midtown Sacramento - What You Need To Know
We love being in Midtown and have been here since the early 1980s. In fact, we feel that Paul’s Automotive is synonymous with Midtown, Sacramento. As a result, many of our customers live and/or work locally and drive very little. In fact, I used to be one of those people (before the babies and the necessity of car seats has required me to drive more). I lived, worked, shopped, went out, did everything within a two-mile radius. I barely drove my car; perhaps to Petco, since biking with a 45lb bag of cat litter was not feasible.
I thought, “I hardly ever drive! I don’t need to get anything done until I reach 5,000-miles for an oil change.” It would take me about three years to drive 5,000 miles! Since I started working with Mike at Paul’s Automotive, I’ve discovered that I was woefully misinformed. For you urban dwellers like me out there, who rarely drive, there are still critical things you need done to ensure your car is safe and will last for years. After all, you barely drive, you don’t want to have to buy a new car!!
There are various things that can happen to your car over time, especially if not driven often:
- Oil and other fluids break down due condensation build up;
- Tires lose air and pressure;
- Tires develop flat spots, separate, and crack;
- Windshield wipers crack;
- Hoses and belts crack; and
- Battery’s charge is affected (especially in winter)
If you’re a Midtowner, we don’t expect to see you in the shop several times a year for mileage services or for big repairs, simply because you are not putting thousands of miles on your car. However, we do hope to see you twice a year: at the beginning of the winter and at the beginning of summer. During these visits, we can make sure your car is ready for the season ahead.
After all, two visits a year to ensure the safety and longevity of your car and prevent even more costly repairs down the road is worth it!
Call us for more information on our new Midtowner Service!
It’s not even officially summer and we’re already hitting 100 degree temperatures. It’s around this time the kids run in the sprinklers, we stock up on popsicles, and we start running our car’s air conditioning systems non-stop…and it’s also the same time we wonder: is my A/C system even working at its full potential? Will it keep me cool throughout the summer?
If it isn’t running as cold as you wish it was, your first thought may be to call us and say, “My A/C isn’t running so cold, it needs more Freon.”
“Not so fast!” we’d reply. There are several parts that work together to keep your A/C system running. There are hoses, fans, the compressor, and the condenser that are all parts of the system as well. In fact, we often find that a leaky hose or a malfunctioning fan is the culprit.
At Paul’s we offer an A/C Performance and Systems Service where we do several activities to check your vehicle’s A/C system and get it running in tip top shape. This service includes:
- Removing any existing Freon, cleaning it, placing it back in your car, and topping it off;
- Checking the hoses and other components for leaks. If we do suspect a leak, we add a dye that helps us pinpoint exactly where it is coming from. The dye also allows us to identify if there are multiple leaks;
- Checking fan operation. We check both the blower fan and the cooling fan to make sure they are operating properly;
- Checking cabin air filter condition;
- Measuring overall system pressures and temperatures; and
- Replacing any lubricants that may have been lost due to servicing your A/C system.
We want you, your children, friends, and your pets to have a cool, comfortable ride to and from all your fun summer events! Happy summer!