As we look at our goals for the upcoming year, I like to reflect on 2018; our accomplishments and improvements we made to provide our wonderful customers with the best automotive and customer service experience possible.
- Brought two notable new staff on board in January: my twin baby boys! Benjamin, Director of Outreach and Community Relations, and Jacob, Quality Control Specialist. They started to walk by the end of 2018, so watch out, they are really on the move now!
- We had some staff changes and some other staff who left us and came back, but overall ended the year with a staff of technicians and service writers who are extremely qualified and consider your car their number one priority.
- Utilized new workflow software, so our service writers and technicians can work more efficiently and get the job done more quickly. It also allows us to reach out to customers more effectively through text message, increasing customer service and improve accessibility to staff and the shop.
- Purchased new equipment and tools to expand the services we provide:
- New scan tools for diagnostics to help identify and repair the hardest diagnostic issues cars can have.
- Portable rack, so if all racks are taken, we always have a rack open in case someone needs a quick fix; and
- More specialty tools for European, Japanese, and domestic vehicles so we can continue to work on all makes and models.
- We did several things to increase our knowledge and community engagement including the following:
- Attended two automotive shop owner conferences;
- Brought on an intern from the local Met High School for the summer;
- Met with representatives at the Automobile Museum to find ways to work together; and
- Continued the annual tradition of providing candy to trick or treaters from the local preschool!
- Overall building upgrades, including energy efficient LED lighting, a proper service counter, office, and customer waiting room;
- Educational car clinics for our customers;
- Increase our involvement in the community through participating in neighborhood associations and contributing to local causes.
Is there anything else that you’d like to see us doing? We always welcome feedback! We are looking forward to 2019! We hope it will be a great New Year for you, too!